Hello! Whilst working on the next episode of Juice Rap News, we decided to make a quick Call Out mini episode about an urgent matter: the fate of the Great Barrier Reef, which is currently under massive threat from the coal industry. We hope you enjoy it and we’ll see you soon for RN33!
☛ HOW YOU CAN TAKE ACTION TO SAVE THE REEF:
1. Support one of the following groups campaigning for the reef: Fight For The Reef / GetUp! / Greepeace / WRAD (Whitsunday Residents Against Dumping) / Reef Defenders
2. Use this tool to email your bank and tell them you don’t want them to finance Adani & Abbot Point either directly or indirectly
3. Check this list to find out which banks and credit unions do not invest in fossil fuels, if you want to transfer your business to them instead (click on ‘All Banks’ at the top of the table to see the full list)
4. Share this video!
☛ CREDITS & THANKS:
* Written by Giordano and Hugo on location in Airlie Beach, Queensland, on the traditional lands of the Bindal, Ngaro and Juru nations.
* Beat by Lukito – ‘The Audition’ (Lukito, please get in touch with us – thanks!)
* Special thanks to Ben Irving at Happy Daze Festival for inviting us up to research this topic, and putting us up in Airlie Beach so we could write and shoot the Ken parts.
* Thanks to Airlie Beach community members for hosting us, and for Reef information sharing sessions!
* Performed by Hugo and Giordano – vox by Hugo
* Video and audio editing by Giordano
If you would like to translate this episode into your language, please contact us